Being mentally healthy is not simply a matter of not having a mental disorder. A person can live with a mental disorder and still experience emotional well-being resulting in a balanced and satisfying life. The reverse is also true: the absence of a mental disorder is not a guarantee of emotional well-being.
Like being physically healthy, being mentally healthy allows you to feel good about yourself. It also allows you to enjoy life to the fullest, to grow, and to try new things.
Maintaining good mental health is also one of the best ways to prepare yourself for life’s difficult moments, whether personal or professional.
The foundation of good mental health: balance
In order to maintain good mental health, it is recommended to establish a certain balance between the various aspects of one’s life, i.e. the following aspects
The periods of life (school, career, family life, etc.), the difficulties and challenges encountered sometimes tip the balance to one side or the other. It may then be relevant to ask oneself what changes to make in order to maintain one’s mental health.
Factors that influence mental health
Several factors influence a person’s mental health:
- biological and genetic characteristics, such as heredity
- other personal characteristics, such as lifestyle and behaviors, level of self-esteem, or childhood experiences
- social environments, such as relationships with family, friends, and the community
- the living environment, such as where the individual lives, where he or she lives, the family environment
- the work environment, e.g. working conditions, psychosocial factors (opportunity to make decisions related to one’s tasks, links with colleagues, recognition of expertise and skills, etc.), the safety of the premises
- the economic context, for example, the cost of consumer goods to meet basic needs, the unemployment rate, and the distribution of wealth in society.
Some factors, such as heredity or past events, cannot be influenced. However, you can change your habits and behaviors and take certain steps to maintain your mental health.
Steps you can take to maintain good mental health
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Take time to eat well.
- Make sure you get enough sleep.
- Get moving or exercising every day.
- Engage in activities that promote relaxation and well-being (yoga, meditation and breathing exercises, creative or artistic activities)
- Reduce your intake of stimulants (coffee, tea, soft drinks, energy drinks, chocolate)
- Reduce or completely stop your use of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco.
Maintain your social network
Maintain positive relationships with those around you: family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
Participate regularly in leisure activities that you enjoy and make time for them.
Avoid being alone or isolating yourself if you are going through a difficult situation, such as a bereavement or job loss. Contact a loved one, a trusted person, or a resource that can provide you with a listening ear, support or help.
In conclusion, maintaining good mental health is essential for a fulfilling and balanced life with the help of the best cbd. It involves finding a balance between various aspects of life such as social, physical, mental, economic, spiritual, and emotional. A variety of factors can influence mental health, including biology and genetics, lifestyle and behavior, and the social and living environment. However, by adopting a healthy lifestyle, engaging in activities that promote relaxation and well-being, maintaining positive relationships, and seeking support when necessary, one can take steps toward maintaining good mental health. It is important to remember that mental health is not only the absence of mental disorder but it’s a state of well-being and it requires active care and attention just like physical health.